Monday 5 December 2011


Hi everybody J

It’s been a long time since I’ve done a blog but so much has been happening. On 21st November I had my house repossessed and I’ve moved into a local, rented property. My new house is very nice and I’m happy here. However moving has been very stressful and brought its own problems. I had lived at my old house for 13 ½ years since April 1998 and crucially for me 10 years before I got my diagnosis of Asperger’s. During this time my house fell into a bad state of disrepair as any problems that did occur I didn’t know what to do and ignored them. A lot of problems I didn’t even realise were problems and all of this built up over time and reached a point where I just couldn’t afford the repairs nor cope with what happened when the problems got bad so I just shut them out of my mind and carried on as best as I could. My old house was very damp and cold and it was made worse by not having any heating in the house for 2 years because I had got behind with my gas bills. All of this meant that things just got too much for me and after taking advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau and Bradford Council it was decided that my best option would be to have my house repossessed and for me to have a fresh start. All of this meant that while having my house repossessed didn’t really bother me, I had massively underestimated how stressful moving would be, especially as I only had a day to move because of waiting for my new house to be redecorated. I was worried about how my cat Polly would be, but she seems very happy and finally after 3 or so very hectic weeks I feel that things are getting sorted and beginning to settle down. I’m feeling happy and looking forward to the future and can now start to get back into my studies and my blog. Hope you all understand why I haven’t been blogging for a while, but now things are settling down I can put my mind back into it J

No comments:

Post a Comment